Friday, November 20, 2009

Im having unwanted keloids on my chest due to insect bites, what would i do to prevent them and to cure them?

i hve 2 in my chest and i want to get rid of them... by the way im a guy.

Im having unwanted keloids on my chest due to insect bites, what would i do to prevent them and to cure them?
I just went though a new procedure to remove a keloid on my chest (which I had and hated for 7 years).





THe process is relatively new and has to be done by a plastic surgeon. They remove the keloid sugically. To prevent the high percent chance of it coming back, the put in synthetic skin called "Integra" and then over that do a skin graft (in my case from my leg).





Since the chest is a particularly active area, they will have you wear a medipack(vacum device) for 7-10 days until everything takes.





Overall I'm glad I did it although it wasn't without some real discomfort.





It will take months before my chest skin graft is faded.





Talk to some plastic surgeons.





(by the way mine was covered by insurance :))