Friday, November 20, 2009

I have keloids in my ear from piercing them many times. would this affect getting my nose pierced ?

Our bodies naturally scar for surgeries, cuts and piercings which is actually the skin healing itself. Unfortunately, some people get keloids because their skin "over heals", causing large unattractive bubble like scars. I know that if you keloid once, there is a 50 % chance that you will keloid again. I have a link for you : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keloid. I hope it helps. :)

I have keloids in my ear from piercing them many times. would this affect getting my nose pierced ?
Maybe but maybe not. I have medium skin and the darker your are the more prone you are to keloids. I also had one every time I got my UPPER ear pierced but about 7 years ago I got my belly button done and it is fine. The lower lobes are fine too. I just gave up on the upper, harder cartilage or the ears. Good luck.