Thursday, May 7, 2009

Developing keloids...?

So i had my cartilage pierced with a gun at clairs, stupid I know, and from what I have read/heard my chances of developing keloids are very high.





If or when I do develop one what would be the best course of action? Should I take out the piercing, and to the doctor? Or I have heard of crushing up aspirin and putting it on the keloid, and taking vitamin E?





I have started taking vitamin C and a multi-vitamin to spur healing, not sure it that helps. If it does how much vitamin C should I take? Right now I am taking 500 mg.

Developing keloids...?
If you start to develop a scar, remove the earring and go to a derm, they can inject a steroid into the scar and hopefully flatten it out, it may take a few injections but almost always works. The home remedies that you described are old wives tales, try them if you want to but don't be surprised when they don't work.